Mon-Fri, 8:30am - 4:30pm
There are three sub-programs that makes up this Division:
1. Business Registration & Information: Develop and implement a strategy to provide efficient business registries, infrastructure and information
2. Business Regulatory Framework: Develop and implement a strategy to improve the local business regulatory framework
3. Intellectual Property: Develop a strategy to improve the local IP regulatory environment so as to improve and strengthen business competitiveness
This is delivered through the following programs handled by respective units.
1) Consumer Protection Regulatory Environment Unit – Provision of an institutional framework that promotes consumer welfare
2) Consumer Awareness & Education Unit – Consumer awareness and education programs to improve consumer knowledge, responsibilities and rights.
3) Price Control Unit – Facilitation of Competent Authority policy directions on regulated goods and services.
4) Consumer Compliance & Enforcement Unit – Enforcement and compliance requirements prescribed under the Consumer Protection Act, Price Control Act, and Weight and Measures Act.
Following on the above, Policy has three (3) outputs and each output is allocated to each unit of the Division and it is as follows:
1) Policy and Partnership Unit - Provision of sound and evidence-based policy advise and support to the delivery of the Ministry’s organizational outputs.
2) Planning and Monitoring Unit - Effective management plans and to drive performance improving with in the Ministry.
3) Legal Unit - Provision of legal advice and support to the delivery of the Ministry’s outputs.